Sunday, 13 July 2014

Perfume Review- Miami Glow by Jennifer Lopez

http://thoughtsofabumblemind.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/perfume-review-miami-glow-by-jennifer.html
Miami Glow by Jennifer Lopez  


Miami Glow by Jennifer Lopez has become a staple in my daily routine. This perfume has been on my Project Use Up for few weeks now, and I can see myself warming up to it even more.

The fragrance was launched in 2005, and it is the only J Lo perfume I have tested so far (there are few other flankers such as; Glow, After dark glow and Sun kissed glow if you are interested). According to the marketing blurb Miami Glow makes an effort to capture the sultry atmosphere, enthralling sandy beaches and party life of Miami. Even though I haven't set a foot in Miami ever, I can almost immerse myself in the air with a spritz or two.  In all likelihood, the combination of tropical fruits with warm musk is what's convincing (either that or too much time spent on watching CSI Miami I reckon).



http://thoughtsofabumblemind.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/perfume-review-miami-glow-by-jennifer.html

Top Notes: Coconut Water, Pink Grapefruit, Passion Fruit, Blackcurrant
Middle Notes: Sand, Orange Flower, Cyclamen, Heliotrope
Base Notes: Musk, Vanilla, Woods 
   Source:http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_117739900199_-1



 http://thoughtsofabumblemind.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/perfume-review-miami-glow-by-jennifer.html


Upon initial application I sense a lot of  sparkling notes of Grapefruit, Pineapple and Passion fruit. I like this stage quite a lot, it screams fun in the sun sort of thing. Although coconut water is listed, I only detect a faint note. I cannot help but admit that, I am a little intrigued by the notes pyramid as the middle notes category contains Sand. That is quite mind boggling isn't it? Next time I am at the the beach, I have a mission to accomplish; to capture the smell of sand (promise I won't look crazy sniffing sand on a beach).  

So, after 10 minutes or so the perfume settles down to a soapy musk with a hint of vanilla. I get a lot of soap here, not in a bad way, but it is quite apparent, which makes the perfume a lot wearable I suppose.

Projection- I do like the projection, it is perfect for summer time. It's certainly not trying to put up a show, which in return makes it a befitting fragrance choice for not only work or professional environment, but also for casual days. 

Longevity- On my skin the perfume lasts around 3 hours or more which is one of the downsides to this fragrance. I prefer my perfumes to be slightly longer lasting than this. But then again, the bottle is very light in design making it fairly easy to carry around in your bag. 

Overall I would like to rate the perfume 6 out of 10 (10 being the highest). It hasn't totally won me over, but without a doubt a remarkable celebrity fragrance that I am enjoying this summer.

http://thoughtsofabumblemind.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/perfume-review-miami-glow-by-jennifer.html










No comments:

Post a Comment