Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Cookbook- Raw Kale and Tuna Summer Salad

http://thoughtsofabumblemind.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/cookbook-raw-kale-and-tuna-summer-salad.html
Kale and tuna summer salad

I use to overlook Kale due to its hefty texture, even when a packet of chopped curly kale managed to jump in to my shopping basket, it would sit right at the back of my fridge for weeks, not getting much use. But, since I've started using this Perennially popular, hearty greens in my morning smoothies, I am almost convinced, I love kale. This weekend, I managed to conquer my fears and experiment kale in its raw form for a lazy lunch for two. 

So here's what you need:
  • 150g of sliced curly kale, stems removed, washed and dried.
  • 4 Snacking peppers (or 2 red Bell peppers), chopped
  • 1 can of tuna drained
  • 2 boiled eggs halved
  • 3 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tbs of rice wine vinegar
  • 1 tbs of raspberry dressing (optional)
  • a handful of chopped walnuts 
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • half a lemon
Method:
  • Drizzle the olive oil, rice wine vinegar and lemon over kale and give it a good massage. This step is quite important, as I find the acid in the vinegar breaks the sturdiness and makes it all tender and sweet. 
  • In a large bowl combine kale, tuna, walnut and  peppers,  and add salt and pepper. 
  • Serve it in individual salad bowls with the halved eggs and a drizzle of raspberry dressing for added sweetness. 
http://thoughtsofabumblemind.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/cookbook-raw-kale-and-tuna-summer-salad.html


The combination of sweet peppers, lemon and vinegar works great with kale for an ultimate tasty nutritious meal. It's perfect for days when you want to opt for a light lunch with less fuss and minimal cooking.


Enjoy!

http://thoughtsofabumblemind.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/cookbook-raw-kale-and-tuna-summer-salad.html
 

No comments:

Post a Comment